Monday, January 18, 2010

Everyone is Alive.




I had a great weekend in Austin! Brian and I got a really great deal and stayed in the Omni Southpark hotel, which was only 5 minutes from downtown = cheap cab ride. I think it was Brian's first time in a cab and he found it to be incredibly awkward.

It IS a little awkward, especially when you try to make conversation with the cab drivers (which I did) and they speak very broken english. We also tried out my camera's self-timer and it was quite successful.

In other news, spring break plans are under way and the destination spot this year is DESTIN, FLA. Which means that I need to start getting into bathing suit shape. This could be a process. The countdown is here and it's 46 days away!

I'm re-reading Atonement by Ian Mcewan right now. He is an AMAZING writer. I've read four of his books so far and I highly recommend his works.

"Was everyone really as alive as she was? If the answer was yes, then the world, the social world, was unbearably complicated, with two billion voices, and everyone's thoughts striving in equal importance and everyone's claim on life as intense, and everyone thinking they were unique, when no one was."
Ian Mcewan (Atonement)




No comments:

Post a Comment