Friday, January 22, 2010

Many artifacts in this one

Only 45 minutes of work left (hurrah) and then it's off to eat with the Rolaters aka my second parental unit. I hate it when I'm given the decision to choose where to eat dinner. I'm one of the most indecisive people you will ever meet and the fact that I have to make a decision as involved as where to eat ... DINNER (sarcasm noted), well it's a little overwhelming.

I got an internship this semester working for the Theta scholarship advisor at Midway where I will be designing press releases, writing newsletters, editing columns, writing some of my own columns and doing general PR for Midway. It's not paid and it only involves 4 to 6 hours a week but I'm excited to have the experience and a resume builder.

If you couldn't tell, I'm trying to kill time by writing this little gem. There is no one in the lab, but in efforts to earn another $9, I'm going to resist the temptation to close the lab early. Yeah, I'm a team leader now..I have that authority.

Brian is a bit upset because he took a tax test or something (I really don't understand this accounting mumbo jumbo so when I say a tax test, I'm not fully aware what that entails) but it took him 2 hours to complete and it was only 30 questions. And he's usually an extremely fast test-taker. Anyway, he locked himself in a little cubby in the lab and he didn't come out for dos horas, and when he did come out, the look on his face was not stellar. They only get two chances to take this test and I think he failed it the first time. He's not one to fail things twice, however, so I know that he's going to probably study his little heiny off and get a 100 next time.

Oh, he also fixed a computer virus today on one of the lab computers, a process that usually takes special software days to fix. And I also heard through the grapevine that Gregory Scott Rolater has recently made a weight bench and dumb bells out of scrap metal. Those two men sure got the smart, creative, analytical brains.

Today I went Goodwill'n and I purchased a 3 feet tall vintage mirror for $6.99. I'm in love. I think I might paint it turquoise and then age the turquoise a little bit (the base color is currently cream) and hang it in the hallway that leads to my bedroom. Not sure yet.

All I know is that I'm hungry and ready for din.

No comments:

Post a Comment