Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Law Enforcement, where were you then?

Well, I got a ticket today. A parking ticket. From the Waco police.
Isn't that just great? Would you like to know what I got it for? For parking "the wrong direction on a street."

Let me explain my frustration.
First of all, I wasn't the only car that got one of these tickets. About 5 other cars along the street who were "parked in the wrong direction" also got tickets. $60 to be exact.

Second, I realize that this is a law, but I didn't realize that neighborhood streets on the side of apartment complexes counted as such. A street so wide that if cars were to park on either side of the street, there would still be plenty of room for two lanes between the cars.

Third, I was following the flow of parking on that street. I was not the first car to "face the wrong direction." there were already at least 3 other cars (2 of which I parked between) "facing the wrong way."

Next, Shouldn't Waco law enforcement be conducting more important business than perusing neighborhood streets near Baylor's campus where Baylor police should have authority? Shouldn't law enforcement be looking for real criminals or busting parties?

Last, one of my friend's car windows got smashed in just a couple weeks ago parked in the same spot that I was parked when I got a ticket. Where was law enforcement to handle that situation? Oh, that's right, they were probably near other neighborhood streets finding other unsuspecting (and broke) college students who were "parked the wrong way" on a street.

I'm eating chocolate now because I'm depressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment