Monday, February 8, 2010

Umbrellas look like turkey legs.

Hello blogosphere.
You'll be delighted to know that the forecast in good old Waco, Texas is a beautiful 44 degrees with 86 percent humidity; rainy, muggy and downright disgusting. My shoes are soaked, my Northface is probably ruined, and the top of my hair is matted down with rainwater.

Other blogworthy news: I just had my advising appointment and planned out my graduation plan. Scary! I filled out the name I'd like on my diploma (Mom, you'll be happy that I filled it out as Katherine, not Katie). Katherine J. Beck. I also changed my major...AGAIN. Don't kill me, I'll still be graduating on time (May 2011) and I'm now a Marketing and Management double major-er. I'm also considering law school (I ordered some LSAT books today and have started researching LSAT prep classes. What I've learned from that process is that LSAT prep classes are not cheap! Okay, I already knew that, but it's heartwarming to know that the gross expenses for LSAT prep classes only grow exponentially larger in law school).

If you're wondering, yes, I have had all sorts of ambiguity with my major thus far. Here's a run down of the various majors I have held (because I know you're intrigued, thoroughly):

Freshman - Psychology/Pre-Dent; Biology/Pre-Dent
Sophomore - Business, Undeclared/Pre-Dent; Business/Undeclared NO MORE Pre-Dent
Junior - Marketing and Business Journalism; Marketing and Management/Pre-Law
Senior - Hopefully Marketing and Management/ Pre-Law

As you can see, I have had quite a bit of mind-changing. And I think that's alright. I think that the whole graduating in four years thing is overrated. Although I'm still graduating in four years. I just don't see how 18, 19, and 20 year olds are supposed to figure out WHAT IN THE WORLD to do with our lives in the short time we're in college. Granted, we're probably supposed to already have an IDEA when we graduate high school, but I don't think I'm alone when I say that I didn't really have a clue.

Je ne sais pas.

1 comment:

  1. re. your LSAT prep., you might find our free podcast helpful.

    www.lawschoolpodcaster.com

    There are some discounts for LSAT prep. sites on our own site.

    ReplyDelete