Saturday, August 15, 2009

creativity squared

I did a couple of teeny weeny crafty woman things today. First of all, I had these 2 little boxes on my bookshelf and ... I didn't really like them. I don't know why, but I have a plethora of these kinds of storage boxes (these are some of the smaller ones I have) and most of them end up under my bed ... storing nothing but dust.

Anyway, I decided that since these were small and since I bought a huge book of $6 scrapbooking paper at walmart the other day (I have been trying to figure out what to do with it...I can't pass up scrapbooking paper when i see it ON SALE). So i decided DUH the only logical thing to do with this huge book of scrapbooking paper is to USE IT! So i reverted to 10th grade Geometry class and cut out the shapes of boxes from 2 different sheets of paper.
This is the finished product. I am OBSESSED with this ribbon that i tied on the pink box. bought 5 yards at walmart when i was moving into my apartmet (for "decorating purposes") and have thus far used it on several items to add pizzazz. ITS THE BEST.

I'm also known to go a little ribbon decor crazy ... bows add such sweet touches. ahhh.
I liked these scrapbooking letters a lot! I decided that I should go ahead and give in to my creative (though somewhat juvenile) urge and re-vamp one of my picture frames. Wheeee. I believe this frame was actually a gift from matney for high school graduation. Anyway, when she gave it to me it had something cute on it ... I'm sure of it. But over the years, that cuteness has left the frame and now it's looking rather drab. and that's cork around the picture so it's very bulletin-board-esque, and I think it deserved some re-vamping. This is the finished product of the picture frame. I guess I will put a picture of Brian and I in it one of these days. Right next to another frame that is picture-less (I have friends, I promise). And right next to the boxes that I'm sort of thinking remind me of something in a nursery. Still better than they were before though.
Ta-Da.

I'll be packing for the beach soon. Yay beach. And I'm still working on my random and allegedly impressive mix of songs for the roadtrip.


No comments:

Post a Comment