Sunday, August 30, 2009

Dear Blogspot, it's been awhile...

I have had a fantastic week so far! I really enjoy my classes and since I have 2 evening classes (once a week, one on Monday night and one on Tuesday night) it's basically like I'm taking 12 hours when I'm actually taking 18! I have 17 hours a week at the Computer Lab hahahaha and I have been so productive there lately. For one of my Journalism classes, we had to write an 800 world self bio and I finished it at work when I most likely would have waited until the night before and stayed up late to finish it. Wheee sitting around doing nothing and getting paid for it is the life.

The weekend was really fun! There was a lot going on just because it's the first weekend of school and no one has tests yet and I had a great time going out with my girlfriends. Saturday was the Margarita and Salsa Festival and bands like Randy Rogers and Eli Young were there!

Sunday is winding down now and I'm reading for one of my Marketing classes...I'm actually enjoying the textbook. What??? Yes, that is correct. I'm. enjoying. my. text. book.

I think the roomies and I are going to have one of my friends who is a photography/journalism major take pictures of us for the apartment. She is wanting to take pictures to build her portfolio so she is doing it for freeeeeeee so I'm really excited about that. We just have to find a day/weekend where me and jennifer and vanessa are all free. That's going to be the hardest part - we have completely different schedules! But hopefully it will work out because I think it would be completely cool and absolutely cheesy to frame a large picture of the 3 of us in the living room. ahhh, please let that happen.
I baked cookies this evening for the girls that got 4.0's last semester in Theta (whoo a Scholarship Chair's duties never end) ...and I ate several of them as you can tell. Here is 1 partially eaten batch. Oops. There were snickerdoodles that I had a few of as well.


I have always wanted a lamp like this...and I happened upon one at Goodwill on Saturday! it was only $4.99 and it is in perfect condition. I think these lamps are so cool and would look perfect in a study someday. For now, the desk in my bedroom will have to enjoy it.


I have spent a long time trying to figure out how to decorate my bookshelf. I have a lot of random things (do you see the owl?) and for the most part, my room isn't "cluttered looking" at all. however, this bookshelf is allowed to be a little bit cluttered and I think I like it right now. My dad made this bookshelf for me when I was like 12 so I have always kind of liked it...and now it gets to be in my room again!

I found this at Salvation Army for $10! I'm going to paint it and sand it up a little bit better, but I thought it was really great!
Have a great week! and matney (since you are just starting class), GOOD LUCK. and don't walk on the grass.

No comments:

Post a Comment