Monday, August 10, 2009

thriftin'

The crowned jewel of Goodwill finds ... DA DA DA. This was actually Jennifer's purchase, but I must take credit for the initial "spotting" of the item. Priced at $14.00, this is an unbeatable bargain! It's rustic antique-y blue metal with a storage compartment for magazines or anything you want and the top is colorful mosaic. Obsessed. This candle stand is about 3 feet tall and I paid $2 for it! I have seen other such stands at stores like Bed Bath and Beyond and Target, ranging from $25.99 to $58.00! I am pleased with this little addition. I kind of have a swirl-black-metal theme going on in my room ... didn't mean for that to happen, but it just kind of happened so this was an obvious fit. The candle came wrapped in plastic with a gold ribbon and a gold base for $0.50 at Goodwill. This is probably 1/3 of the current and ongoing "mug collection" that has been bragged about. Each mug was found at a different thrift store, none of them more expensive than $1. I'm thinking about moving the ever-expanding collection to the top of our cabinets (the room mates have suggested such...2 mugs have already been broken in freak accidents).



Lamp originally priced at $6.99. Fridays are 25% off days at Goodwill, so it was 25% off of that. I still haven't found a good shade for it yet ... but the texture and antique quality is great and even better in person! This is our fabulous $20 coffee table...purchased at Goodwill. the bottom of it says 1968, so I would say that it's in pretty damn good condition for being alive 40 years.










No comments:

Post a Comment