Monday, August 24, 2009

first day.

Today was the first day of school. It actually went better than expected. I think it's getting better because I'm actually getting into upper level classes now instead of blow offs like Theater.

I'm in class from 10:10am to 1:10pm, then I have one evening class (with Brian) from 5:30 to 8pm.

My first class is called Pro Selling and Communication and my professor is amazing! He is an older guy (probably our dads' age), he wears blue glasses, he seems like one of those snobby older men that wear really nice suits and Gucci shoes, only instead of being uppity, he is really nice and eager to share his knowledge of the selling/marketing/business world with our hungry young minds. He is also a high school football coach.

My second class, eh. Not really fond of. It's Quantitative Business Analysis II (pretty much statistics) and while my teacher is precious (she was definitely a lil' hottie in her day), I just don't get very fired up about crunching numbers and regression analysis.

My third class was Business Writing and I think it's going to be pretty interesting as well. My teacher has actually heard of Kerrville and we got into a pretty intense discussion about the old flower children who are now in their 60's and 70's (but don't realize it) who attend the Kerrville Folk Festival aka hippie fest of the year. She's real loopy, my kind of prof.

The evening class I have, Principles of Marketing ... was FUN. Yes, it's true. School can be fun. When you have a total bad ass, smart ass, kick ass professor who is a frat boy from Cornell and describes himself as a tool who orders hot chocolate from Starbucks. It was literally a comedian tour the entire class period and the 2.5 hours went by quickly!

This is my day in summary. Hope you enjoyed my day as much as i did...or didn't. I haven't decided. I also just ate two bowls of ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment