Tuesday, July 28, 2009

a witty saying proves nothing - Voltaire

I MADE A 99 on MY ACCOUNTING TEST from last Thursday. I am not quite sure how that happened; I swear that I did not bring a clone in the form of Brian Rolater the Accounting Major to take my test for me. Though I'm pretty sure that we would be able to pass for twins on a good day ... but alas, I did not resort to methods of dishonorable repute for my grade. So I'm a little confused about how I can hate Accounting so much and not understand it, yet still make a 99 on my test.

After class last night Brian and I went to his apartment's workout room and ran for 30 minutes on the treadmill. That was literally the first time I have been on a treadmill for more than 5 minutes - in my life. I have never really been a fan of a machines that make the ground move and have the ability to give you a concussion if you were to fall off of them. I have always loved the elliptical, but the only elliptical I have ever found that I truly enjoyed was at the Family Sports Center in Kerrville.

I usually run the bear trail (when I say usually, I mean that I ran it last Thursday, but other than that I haven't ran the bt since March). I like the Bear Trail because it is exactly 2.25 miles and there are always many people running/biking/walking it and it goes exactly around campus. It's a little weird that "around campus" equates to a wimpy 2.25 miles, but it's good for running purposes because I'm a little out of shape currently and don't think I could run more than 2.25 miles at a time. When the time comes (yes, it has happened before) and I am able to run the bt twice again (in one run), I will be a happy girl. But right now, I have to face the pathetic-ness that my sedentary life style has given me.

After class last night I had to clean my old apartment. One might say that it is bittersweet moving out of one apartment and into another, but in my case...IT IS THE BEST THING EVER. I hated that old apartment. The carpet was disgusting, the walls were an empty, sad white. It was incredibly hot - I think that was due to it being on the 3rd floor (new apartment is on the 2nd floor) and it was also a 4 person apartment so there was more space to TRY and cool off (I stress the word TRY, because the air conditioning in the old apartment was a lame excuse for any kind of AC unit. The boys at D&D would not approve).

Okay, back to cleaning. I had to clean the carpet, clean the walls, dust the walls, dust the blinds, clean the bathroom, clean the toilet, clean the shower, clean the mirrors, vacuum everything like 5 times... it was not a fun task to do alone. It's interesting that I had to clean my shared bathroom alone ... some people just high tail it out of places without a second glance or consideration for their own messes. Brian helped me though. In fact, he did much of the bathroom work himself (cleaning the mirrors, cleaning the sinks, vacuumed the living room). He's great. I'm lucky.

4 hours of miserable cleaning and sweat later, we were finally finished ... for the night. I'm going back over there today and doing another run-through. Then it will be the official goodbye to 11302 and officially a tenant of 6202. Exciting times will commence in 6202. And I don't care what Jennifer says about the "potential" she sees in Indie and I, I am not a cat person and she cannot change me.

I'm trying to kick my midnight eating habit. For some reason, I usually don't start eating dinner until 11 every night. I guess that is due to the fact that I don't get home until 9pm every night and I like eating with Brian ... and he doesn't get off work until 10:30 on most nights...so I have resorted to eating dinner at a very late and unhealthy time. They say that you shouldn't eat 5 hours before you go to bed and if that is true, then I guess I'm not too far gone because I don't usually go to bed until 3 or 4am every night. That's good justification for my bad habit, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment