Tuesday, July 7, 2009

unnecessary blogging

Summer school starts for me tomorrow and that means that starting tomorrow, every Monday Tuesday Wednesday and Thursday from 5pm to 9pm will be spent at MCC taking Managerial Accounting. Can i please just ramble about my disgust......because I am thoroughly disgusted.

I'm going to Ktizzle this weekend to get my bed/dresser/desk and other furniture items that the parentals deem worthy of my taking. I'M MOVING IN THIS WEEKEND. I am so incredibly excited to move into a new apartment and decorate! My previous apartment was all right, but we didn't really go all out in the decorating department or anything like that -there weren't even curtains on the balcony window. It was also a furnished apartment so we couldn't really expand in that category, but this new apartment (3 bedroom instead of 4) has serious design potential. Ha, I laugh as I say that about a 3 bedroom college apartment with a tiny kitchen and relatively small living room. But even so, I think that Jennifer and Vanessa and I can turn it into something wonderful. Worth showing off to our friends at least. And NO PENGUIN COLLECTIONS.

Brian visited me at work today. brought me a smoked peppercorn turkey on 7 grain toasted wheat bread with mustard. It was my second sandwich for the day. I had one for breakfast when I got to work (at 9am) so I figure that as long as I do the whole breakfast, lunch, dinner thing, i'm golden. I usually snack all day.

The lab is closed tomorrow AND Thursday so I get 2 days off to pack...and go to summer school in the evening. Ugh, why do I have to think about class in the summer?! I need boxes. boxes boxes boxes. My car is also already packed full of stuff I have been buying for the past month - throw pillows, the infamous thrift store lamp, kitchen canisters, mugs for my mug collection (i think im going to take pictures of it at some point and post them), some books, and much much more.

Today was Michael Jackson's memorial service. I just thought I should mention that because the death of such a well known icon has sent shockwaves across the world. not just America, but the world, people. I don't mean to sound like the million and one other people who seem to have known Michael Jackson personally, but to his family and close friends, God Bless you and the world mourns your loss today. MJ will be missed.

I haven't been to the humane society in about a month and I don't think Sally is there anymore :( Sally is the rottweiler that I had been visiting at the humane society quite frequently. Her name card/description had said that she "appeared depressed." I wanted to cry (and sometimes did) each time I left the humane society and had to leave Sally. If you weren't aware, I am a huge dog-lover...and I legitimately feel like I made a connection with Sally. Now I think she is gone. They don't practice euthanasia at the Waco Humane Society so I can only pray that she found a good home. I love rottweilers and I hate the bad rep that they have received because of so many cruel and inhumane owners who use them for dogfighting. If you research rotts, you will find that they are some of the most loyal, friendly, and eager to please dogs. It's years of people using them in dogfighting that has caused them to have that "mean" instinct.
On a happier note, I am baking a cake tonight. and it's also Taco Tuesday. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment