Monday, July 6, 2009

happiness-es


CURRENTS:


Reading Atonement by Ian McEwan


Listening to Pandora - "You and I" by Ingrid Michelson


Thinking about slip covers for my $20 couch and thrifting extravaganza after work


Day dreaming about the beach, the lake...anywhere that is not a 60 degree arctic tundra (work)


Excited about moving into my new apartment with Vanessa and Jennifer. Having my own bathroom for the very first time in my life. and painting.


Worried about driving to Mcclennan Community College M-Th for Managerial Accounting from 5pm to 9pm. when will I have time for life?


Looking forward to Blink 182/All-American Rejects/Asher Roth concert on my 21st birthday.


Traditions are funny.

Every Sunday Brian and I travel to the exquisite and elegant fast food chicken restaurant known as Bush's Chicken and indulge in our half price student discount: 4 pieces of fried chicken, fries, a roll, gravy, and a large drink for $3.50. Last night was especially delicious for some reason.


On Tuesdays, also known as Taco Tuesdays, we travel to the fine eatery of Rosa's and devour 3 chicken or beef (hard or soft) tacos, side of rice and beans (I get double rice, no beans), chips, salsa, and 3 tortillas for $3.33. After dining in such a chic and expensive establishment, we go see a movie at the Super Saver theater where movies are 50 cents on Tuesdays. We have seen 17 Again, Crank 2, and Wall-E so far. This week I believe it will be Ghosts of Girlfriends Past. Oh, to live this luxurious life.


MORE CURRENTS:

boredom relief comes in the form of of web surfing.

The images at the top of this blog are water color paintings by Sara Singh. check out some of her other work at http://www.sarasingh.com/.
To find a sweet banner for any occasion, go look at http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=7577609. HILARIOUS. AWESOME. you need to check it.

If you want a sweet beard to turn yourself into a mountain man or woman, cast your gaze upon this website. http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6329980.
If you would like to test your wpm, go here: http://www.typeonline.co.uk/typingspeed.php. I type a quick 82 wpm. Hm, I wonder how that happens sitting at a computer all day? Strange.

In other news...It rained this morning while I was sleeping. That is one of my favorite things. Waking up to the sound of thunder and pitter patters on my rooftop. The limbo between sleep and wake before my alarm went off at 8:15 was nice. I love mornings like that.


Umbrella? I thought as I got dressed, grabbed a granola bar, and headed out the door. I think I prefer the raindrops on my face this morning.

Happy because of the rain. and strong arms. and love and life and boredom relief.


and nutri grain granola bars.

No comments:

Post a Comment