Monday, July 27, 2009

weekend in the wack




It's Monday again and that means that it's back to the grindstone. Work and school are not my ideal summer past times, but I have to make money ... and I can't be a 5th year student. So back to the grindstone it is.

This weekend was one of the first in a few weeks that I have actually been in Waco without any real obligations. Friday after I got off work (I only have class M-Th), Jennifer and I went apartment-decor hunting. We stopped at Starbucks first. Then went to Salvation Army ... and found a ton of great stuff. I got some more metal swirl candle holders (now I just need candles) and a really great vintage looking urban outfitters-esque light yellow lamp. The lamp doesn't actually work -it has some messed up wiring or something, but it was only $2! I had an extra white lamp shade from Ikea that I paired with it and put it on top of my book shelf. It was just the thing I needed to add a little more color to my room! I also got 3 really cute olive green tea cups for me and Vanessa and Jennifer. I don't actually drink tea, but they are a pretty good addition to the kitchen decor...which is rather dull and uneventful at the moment. Starbucks again.

Saturday I spent all day moving furniture and cleaning and decorating. My room is perfect now.

Sunday
meant to go to church, but that didn't quite work out. Woke up around noon, went to Aspen Heights pool with Lauren and Lindsay and Hannah and Ashley. It was over cast so it wasn't too horrible being in the sun ... I usually start drooling sweat. It's sexy. We were at the pool for 3 hours which is good because I was getting a little pasty. Now I am a little red. Lindsay got a heat rash which caused her already burnt from South Padre skin to start bubbling. Some of the bubbles even filled with water ... that's why man created sun screen.

We had a potluck dinner at Ashley and Hannah's house. I brought cupcakes. It's always interesting to hang out with people from Olney (okay this gets confusing...Hannah Lunn goes to Baylor and is from Olney ... Hannah Stewart is also from Olney also. Reese which is Hannah Stewart's cousin by marriage is friends with Hannah Lunn so he was over at Hannah Lunn's house). It is so weird how everyone knows everybody ... I guess it is sort of that way in Kerrville, but it's cool to know that I have actually been to Olney because it's such a small place and basically only the people that live in Olney and who have friends in Olney actually know what Olney is. There were some interesting stories shared about Olney experiences such as Will Stewart's grandpa giving bologna to Hannah Lunn and cheese to Reese when they would go into Stewart's Grocery. Oh man, to have grown up in Olney, Texas.

We saw The Ugly Truth after our potluck dinner of tacos and chips and queso and such. It was a pretty good movie. I would definitely recommend it to girls and guys alike. It's a "manly chick flick". there is plenty of vulgar humor for the boys to enjoy, as well as the cute romantic side that girls seem to enjoy. I personally prefer the vulgar humor, but that's just me.

I'm so excited for my mini vacation this weekend. New Mexico is going to be so fun and I'm excited to just lounge around ... and go to CARLSBAD CAVERNS where I have not been since I was 12!

I still stand by my assumption that Will Stewart is a dead ringer for Robert Pattinson's brother/twin.


2 comments:

  1. ughhhhh my husband is not even CLOSE to a vampire...

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is not RP as a vampire. this is RP as a "teen heart throb".

    ReplyDelete