Monday, September 7, 2009

clean sheets

I love the feeling and smell and ... cleanliness of clean sheets. I would wash my sheets every day if I could. But I can't. That would waste a lot of sheets. Plus I hate doing laundry.
This weekend was a good relaxation time away from school and obligations and stuff. It was my dad's birthday and I completely forgot it was my dad's birthday until my mom texted me Friday afternoon saying, "Did you remember it was Dad's birthday today?"

Oops. and no, I didn't.
Sometimes I get so caught up in my own little life that I forget about other things that are important. You know, like parents' birthdays. I'm not a selfish person but I think sometimes we are ALL a little selfish. I don't like that part of me.

I ended up getting Popster a present for his birthday on Saturday and hopefully I see them sooner than later so I can give him his Baylor pajama pants (he really likes Baylor stuff...more than Texas Tech, HA!).

Not sure why, but here are some random pictures. REALLY RANDOM. don't judge me.
Yes, it does snow in Kerrville, TX. Here is a picture to witness the bounty. and yes, I am wearing hot pink tights with tennis shoes. or "sneakers" as Jennifer would say.
This picture is an ode to Jennifer. It's true, there is a part of me that likes cats. A very small little part of me. I prefer fat cats. So plump up Indie.

Men doing what men do. I guess.

Go clean your sheets and get ready for a great week.

3 comments:

  1. funny story: i'm washing my sheets as i type this! i am also a huge fan of clean sheets...especially sheets that are free of greg slobber (he drools like a dog when he sleeps).

    ReplyDelete
  2. i only call them sneakers because that's what they are. tennis shoes are used for playing tennis- and i know for a fact you are not an avid tennis player.

    on the fact of indie, i am trying really hard to fatten him. really hard. you know how many times a day i feed him kitty snacks, a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the drooling must be a Rolater thing, because Brian drools a lot too. A LOT. and sometimes he tries to hide it, which I find especially amusing

    ReplyDelete