Sunday, September 13, 2009

Sleep, you're ugly on me


Sleeping, if observed, is an uncomfortably candid and unattractive portrait of a person.


Think about it: sleeping is basically the only time that you can be stared at without noticing that you are being stared at while your body does some strange stuff. I used to deny that I drooled in my sleep. Those denials were contradicted a few months ago when I woke up with a round wet smear on my pillowcase.


"It's not drool. It's just room evaporation." riiiight. If there was such a thing, maybe I would have gotten away with it. As luck would have it, there was a witness.


Snorers, heed this announcement. Snoring is not pretty. Nor is it manly or cute or silly. No one is ever going to say, when asked how they met their significant other, "I heard him snoring through the walls in my apartment complex and knew he was the man for me." Life is not that generous to your snorefests.


What about those indentations on the side of your face when you wake up from a particularly hard nap or an extra long slumber? The lines that cause one side of your face to penguin puff while the inside of your brain feels like it's been t-boned by a train. We won't be winning any all-star kisses by Prince Charming with those lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment