Saturday, September 12, 2009

Rain Time

The rain whispers sweet nothings to the window.

Rain is one of my most favorite things. Okay, that is a small contradiction because when I'm walking to class and torrents of wet flood from the sky, I curse the rain. It also turns campus into a muddy maze of puddles and soggy, dirty earth. I am forced to use The Wall Street Journal as an umbrella which just sort of smears the ink and makes everything messy.

But on days like today when I'm sitting at work and no one is in the lab, the sound of rain is a welcome companion. Or on evenings like Friday when the week's lack of sleep catches up with me, an afternoon nap is surely complemented by the raindrops.

I also have an excuse to break out my Theta raincoat which I so dearly love...and paid way too much for.

No comments:

Post a Comment