Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The Magic Button

I have said this many times before, but if it weren't for class, college would be great.

That's a joke. But think about it. If we could magically press a theoretical button and all of the knowledge that we learn in our selected majors could suddenly just be imbedded into our brains. Wouldn't that be nice? well, maybe...but maybe we would miss a couple of things from that zoom fire when the magic button transferred information into our brains. or maybe not.

I wouldn't mind a bunch of late nights doing nothing but sitting and watching Lost with boyfriend or having drinks and giggling with my friends about everything.

I get tired of busy homework assignments that don't really mean anything and the wrinkles that all-nighters from my former Chem and Bio days gave me. It would have been nice to avoid those events in my college career.

That seems a little lazier than most people like to picture. It would probably also mean a ton of blogs. Joyful occasion.

"there is no excuse for not trying," President Obama said in his "back to school" speech today. He's probably right. Generation Me is already considered a lazy, uncultured, apathetic generation ... and I completely just proved that stereotype to be true.

Like I said, it was just a joke. I don't honestly wish a beam of information into my head without having to learn it first. What kind of experiences would that give me?

And most likely, we would all weigh 3oo pounds.

I would like to Thank Mr. Obama for discouraging the kind of view that I just pointed out. success starts in the school system. So let's go learn something.


No comments:

Post a Comment